Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Super 8 roll outs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mikeswan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know regular film, like 16mm, has "roll outs" where it is at the end of the roll, and is exposed, producing a redish fade feature. I was just curious if super 8 has roll outs like that or not.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member agingeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would think that this would be caused by the tail end of a 16mm daylight spool being exposed to light when being unloaded. Since super8 uses a lightproof cartridge, any such "roll-out" would only last a few frames, which are apparently trimmed off in processing (the k40 I've gotten back from Kodak developing has well-exposed frames right up to the very end of the roll).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •